Clarke archives film student Max Maksymowski

 



I am Max Maksymowski, and I just started my journey at Central Michigan University this year. I'm a Broadcasting and Cinema Arts Major and a Technical Theater Minor. I hope to work behind the camera on a television set, or to be a post-production professional.

I was hired this school year as a moving film archivist. I worked to make sure that the film I was working with, Channel 9 & 10 News raw film footage, was stable and able to be archived properly. I also watched the stabilized film (film that would not fall apart or degrade) on the film projector and described what I was seeing so that researchers can search for it and find it in the finding aid.

My favorite part of the job was watching the films and seeing the wonderful 1970s fashion and wooden paneling on the walls. Looking into the past, it was interesting to see how very brown and orange everything was. From clothing to wallpaper, it was all just a little bit funky.

This work in particular interests me because of my studies in my major. It's interesting to see the  history of the technology I work with now.

Note from Marian: Max has done a wonderful job processing and describing Channel 9 & 10 News so researchers can find this wonderful source of Michigan history. Hopefully next year we will move out of the 1970s, but watching all those red, white and blue bicentennial clothing choices has been fun. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th work anniversary

Packing the last of CMU. Athletics' physical historical records cache

Slides and negatives