Josh Bradley archives processing intern

 

Josh Bradley interned in the Clarke archives unit last term. 

Hello! My name is Josh Bradley, and in the image above I am looking at the scorebooks from various years in Central Michigan University Softball.  The issue at hand was how to categorize them according to the years listed in the book itself, not so much what was written on the front.  From there I had to make a folder detailing the span of years the scorebook tracked, but sometimes there were dates from different months or years in various books.  This was part of the process I enjoyed because trying to make sense of chaos and bring order to the collections was almost like detective work (especially if game or match results didn’t have a date attached to them).  Overall my internship at the Clarke Historical Library was a great experience, one I hope to continue there volunteering this semester! 

Josh and Halsey were both my interns last term. They accomplished the bulk of processing for CMU Athletics collection last term, finally allowing us to completely process and describe all the team sports archival material, a total of 51 cubic feet. Prior students had processed boxes 1-33. With help from two others, Blake and Anna, Josh and Halsey processed boxes 34-50, 8a, 9a, parts of 3a, 4a, 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th work anniversary

Clarke Historical Library job announcement

Meet my summer archives processing student Brandon Horn