I love Paris......as Ella sang

 


Yes, I've finally been to Paris. Paris, MI, that is. It is a village just north of Big Rapids. I met a donor there who had way more than the 10 boxes she told me she had. I barely got it all in the CMULibraries jeep including the passenger seat. Below you can see it all on carts. The collection documents the PBB Action Committee, a community action group composed mainly of farmers who fought back against ignorance, misdirected blame and ineptitude of the MI PBB Disaster. Paris has a 20-foot tall Eiffel tower at which you take your selfie, but it was chained off for the winter. I shall have to return someday when it is warm and take my pic there. What a glorious archives day!  I met a wonderful lady in Paris and collected a literal Jeep-ful of records. Archives rock!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th work anniversary

Clarke Historical Library job announcement

Meet my summer archives processing student Brandon Horn