Katie Higley at CMU awards night

 


Last night I had the great pleasure of attending the CMU CLASS (College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences) award night. My student Katie Higley won the Shapiro Prize in Social and Behavioral Sciences with the most outstanding student paper written in the college. Her paper was titled "Reel talk: the current state of film collections in Michigan." She also won a scholarship. Dr. Britt Fremion was her official and I her unofficial mentor, so we both stood up with her. Katie was inspired to begin the project from processing and describing Channel 9 & 10 News footage in the Clarke. In the photo we are left to right, me, Katie's mom Nicole, Katie, and Britt. I was impressed with all the students who won awards and scholarships. Their interest and work is inspiring. They are our future. That gives me hope.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th work anniversary

Clarke Historical Library job announcement

Meet my summer archives processing student Brandon Horn