Katie Higley

I'm Katie Higley, a junior at Central Michigan University. I am studying Public History, Museum Studies, and Cinema Studies. I have been either a volunteer, intern, or archival assistant since January 2020. I took HST 583 with Marian during the Fall 2022 semester. This semester, I continued processing and describing Channel 9&10 News film. I processed, described, and updated the finding aid while training Kenndall Wallace to work with film. This summer, I plan to apply the skills I have developed at the Clarke during an internship with the Wisconsin Center for Film and Theater Research. My time working with Channel 9&10 at the Clarke has directly impacted my future goals. I plan to obtain a graduate degree related to moving image preservation. I am looking forward to working in the Clarke again later this year! Katie has had a busy, eventful year and graced my blog several times already. She is the heart and soul of our film processing project not only with processing and description, and training Kenndall, but also by collaborating with me on long-term goals and problem-solving. I will miss her this summer and look forward to her returning next fall. Enjoy your summer Katie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th work anniversary

Clarke Historical Library job announcement

Meet my summer archives processing student Brandon Horn