end of term clean archives processing room

 

All my ex-students and ex-interns knows what this image means. It is the end of the term, all processing projects are wrapped up, Mr. Shredder has shredded the last mountain of WD boxes for the term, and we are doing a lot of mini projects such as interfiling, sleeving, copying, updating of information, final checking of finding aids and EAD finding aids, and I'm prepping for summer students. Soon the room will get its once/term good vacuuming and cleaning. I will feel totally cleansed. This is a nice transition to summer in the archives. This summer Katie will process film while doing McNair scholar work and I'll have 3 online summer interns each taking 6 intern (240 hours). With them, my planned work, and learning new things for fall, and covering for someone having surgery, it is going to be a busy summer. I'm taking a break from blogging next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th work anniversary

Clarke Historical Library job announcement

Meet my summer archives processing student Brandon Horn