PBB Disaster at 50- the book and documentary

 



Friday Rod and I attended an event to celebrate my friend Dr. Britt Fremion's book, The PBB Disaster at 50, which is a compilation of oral histories of those whose lives were severely affected by PBB and who continue to demonstrate great courage and resiliency, with examples of art and photos of the PBB Disaster 50th anniversary conference events at which I presented last year. Britt's students created a documentary which debuted as well. The students did an amazing job. They plan to share the documentary nationally.  A lot of primary sources from the PBB collections in the Clarke were featured in it. The night concluded with ideas about how to continue moving forward. It was a gut wrenching and inspiring and well done event. I wish that all my students who with me have worked hard to process and describe the PBB-related manuscript collections could have participated. Of all the work I have done in Michigan, I believe my work with PBB-related collections is the most important.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th work anniversary

Packing the last of CMU. Athletics' physical historical records cache

Slides and negatives