Me Too!

One of the fun things about working in a historical institution with children's literature is that periodically I see a book waiting to be cataloged and I immediately know that I read it in my childhood. I'm very visual, so I thought the cover looked very familiar. Once I opened it, the illustrations on certain pages immediately clicked with my memory. How many of us had a book from childhood that we immediately recall when seeing it in a library, book sale, or exhibit? Good memories!

Here's the cover compared to my hand now, but when I first read this book it was larger than my hands.
 
I remember the doll on the right, her vivid eyes and her stripped socks sticking out, but I don't know why. I guess she makes quite an impression compared to the other doll.

I also vividly remember this illustration. It looks like they might tip over.

Here's the back cover. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th work anniversary

Clarke Historical Library job announcement

Meet my summer archives processing student Brandon Horn