Hope College has posted a Collections Archivist position, see https://jobs.hope.edu/postings/2082. This is an 11 month, non-tenure track faculty position
After over a decade of processing and describing Channel 9 & 10 News film we are finally working with raw film footage from 1980. While there was a limited quantity of film up to 1969, there was a vast quantity from the 1970s. There is not much 1980-1982 alpha/chrono film. This was how the 9 & 10 crew organized the daily raw film footage they shot all over Michigan. See A-19-80 above. We hope to complete the alpha/chrono series by May 2026. Then we will have some Eye On Michigan, stock footage, and miscellaneous film to process. The majority of the collection has now been processed and described. It has been a haul to get to 1980! Many thanks to my two current and awesome film processing students Max M. and Rebekah H. and the many prior film students whose work contributed to the success of this student-powered film project.
Fall 2025 has been a busy, satisfying term for me. I again successfully taught HST 583 Archives Administration, a class I created and taught annually 2012-2023. After a two year break, due to the budget, I'm shifting to teaching it every other year. A highlight of the course for me now is when I teach the students how to read penmanship using handwritten CMU postcards. Teaching is, of course, on top of my full-time job as archivist and subject bibliographer for combined History/World Languages & Culture department at CMU. I am very grateful for all my students. This term I had film processors Max and Rebekah, paper processors Natalie, and my two volunteers, Kelsey and Hunter. We've been very productive. Next term I will happily have all those students again, except Hunter will intern with me, and I will have two more interns, Zoe and Maci. Our top priorities will be continuing to process Channel 9&10 film and inventorying a 167 cubic foot collection of Indigenous genea...
One more step Mr. Hands, a painting by N.C. Wyeth for the book Treasure Island.(in the public domain) When I lived in West Chester, Pennsylvania, I used to visit the Brandywine Museum of Art at Chadds Ford, where N.C. Wyeth's art is exhibited, so the announcement below is interesting to me and I think for anyone who enjoys art, art in children's literature or access to primary sources. Hello! My name is Lillian Kinney, librarian and archivist, and Manager of the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Research Center at the Brandywine Museum of Art in Chadds, Ford, PA , managing our libraries, archives, and special collections. I am very pleased to announce the publication of a major finding aid for the N.C. Wyeth Correspondence Collection of Betsy James Wyeth, which can be found digitally on our new instance of ArchivesSpace: brandywinearchives.libraryhost.com/repositories/2/... . Detailing the life of this American artis...
Comments
Post a Comment