Kenndall Wallace, film project processor

Hello! My name is Kenndall Wallace, and I am a freshman at Central Michigan University. I have a major in Cinema Arts with a minor in Art History, and I began working for Marian as a film archival assistant in January 2022. I process film for the Channel 9&10 News, and it has been a wonderful experience. I didn't know much about film preservation before joining Marian in the Clarke Library, but working on the team has been incredibly worthwhile. I, along with Katie Higley, have processed a large amount of film in the spring semester with the intention of continuing to process film in the future. Over time, I found it to be an incredibly relaxing and overall great job, with a wonderful opportunity to learn a new craft and meet new people. I love to work with film, but more than that, I appreciate the team that I work with. The skills that the Clarke Library gave me will help me with my minor in Art History, enhance my resume, and let my future employers know that I have a passion for film and history. After my time as a film archival assistant has ended, I will professionally write for film and performing arts, visit art museums internationally, and continue contributing towards art preservation in the best ways I can. Kenndall has been a wonderful addition to our historic film project this year. She's learned how to splice, describe, and make rolls into reels. I'm delighted she's returning to work in the Clarke Archives next year. Thank you for all your good work this year Kenndall. Enjoy your summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th work anniversary

Packing the last of CMU. Athletics' physical historical records cache

Slides and negatives