Marian's new blog and 1-inch videotape

 Welcome to the new edition of my blog archivistrising321.blogspot.com!!! Please join it! I'll cover a wide range of archival, informational and related topics. If you have questions, please let me know.

Today's topic is a 1994 1-inch videotape. This is the first I have ever seen in my career in my institution's collections. This was a professional format used in tv stations and by professional recording companies. This is part of the collection of David Schock who owned a video recording company and recorded a variety of mid-Michigan and Mount Pleasant events.  Here are some images of the original box and tape:




We do not have the equipment to play it, but we know the topic is Planned Parenthood, a sensitive topic, so I'm sure it is of historical interest. If a researcher wants to view it, we will have to reformat it into a more current digital format.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th work anniversary

Packing the last of CMU. Athletics' physical historical records cache

Slides and negatives